Prof. Sinerik Ayrapetyan has attended in Virtual Seminar: Medical Ethics in Teaching, Research, and Practice organized by IQAC, BLDE (Deemed to be University), Vijayapur, Karnataka, India & Department of Medical Education, Shri B.M.Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre, Vijayapur, Karnataka, India & Department of Physiology, Shri B.M.Patil Medical College, Hospital & Research Centre. Vijayapur, Karnataka, India as a Guests of Honor.
Ethics deals with right and wrong conduct, with what we ought to do and what we should refrain from doing. The word “ethics”, when used in this way, usually serves as a modifier for another word, e.g. business ethics, medical ethics, sports ethics, military ethics, etc. The expressions “professional ethics”, “medical ethics” or “bioethics” was coined by Thomas Percival (1803)
Objectives: The objective of this seminar is to train the faculty in the effective implementation of ethics in medical and health sciences in India especially in North Karnataka
1. To introduce and deliver bioethics and professionalism training to medical teachers for undergraduate and postgraduate curriculum.
2. To prepare an updated and modern curriculum, reflecting the need for integration of ethics during the training period and for its effective implementation in clinical practice.
3. To increase interest and respect to values involved in health care delivery and raise awareness for competing interests across the world.
4. To train researchers from health sciences on the ethical perspective of research especially in clinical trials.
5. To create training programs for teachers and instructors of ethics in health sciences research publication
6. To initiate, collaborate, facilitate and participate in research related to bioethics
Topics to be covered:
1. Modern biological sciences Progress and Challenges.
2. The Challenges of Modern Clinical Test.
3. Medical Practice: Ethics and Problems.
4. Medical Ethics in India
5. Ethics in the COVID-19 era
6. Ethical issues and possible solutions of Genetic Screening and Testing.
7. Ethical issues and possible solutions of Amniocentesis.
8. Ethical issues and possible solutions to Organ Transplantations
9. Ethical issues in teaching medicine and life sciences
10. Ethical teaching
11. Ethics and international collaborations
12. Ethical issues in research and publications.
Program can be found HERE