PROJECT 1: NIR effect on physicochemical properties of water and water solutions.
PROJECT 2: NIR effect on plant seeds hydration and germination.
PROJECT 3: NIR effect on microbe’s growth and development.
PROJECT 4: NIR effect on DNA damage and repair in vitro and in vivo states.
PROJECT 5: The age-dependency of NIR effects on rodents functional activity;
brain tissues hydration,
heart muscle hydration and contractility,
gut micro flora.
PROJECT 6: Genetic engineering membrane proteins.
PROJECT 7: Impedance -metric characteristics of skeletal muscle hydration.
PROJECT 8: Cancer research and treatment.
There are several megaprojects defined by UNESCO/UNITWIN network to be addressed through International Joint/Shared PhD projects. The megaprojects are subdivided by main projects which address the matter through one or a combination of the Biophysical, biotechnological and Environmental Health approaches.
The approved Megaprojects
1) Biophysical and non-toxic control of insects
(Biophysical, biotechnological and environmentally friendly control of the insect)
• Biophysical and non-chemical manipulation and control of the desert Locusts
• Pheromone and environmentally safe chemical control of desert locust mating and egg laying
• Desert locust trapping and harvesting using their favorable plantation and glue
2) Water treatment and recovery
(Biophysical, biotechnological and environmentally friendly recovery of sea, waste, underground water)
• Plant based desalination of sea water
• Biotechnical recovery of the sewage water
• Biophysical and biotechnological removal of Fluoride and Arsenic from contaminated water
3) Biotechnological monitoring, control and alleviating of desert (Biophysical, biotechnological and environmentally friendly means to look after desert)
• Identification and preservation of the vanishing plantation and wild animals
• Dust stabilization, cultivation and reducing the chance of air dust formation
• Preparation and establishment of desert based biological market